These v and w tongue twisters are designed to increase flexibility when going between the ‘V’ & ‘W’ sounds. Remember that when we make the ‘V’ sound, the top teeth should lightly touch the bottom lip and the bottom lip should slightly flick out as we push the air out.
In English the ‘W’ sound should have the lips starting with a very small hole and then opening up throughout the sound. Start slow and gradually speed up as you become more confident!
V / W Tongue Twister Downloads
Tongue Twister List
1. We view walking as very whimsical.
2. Veering wide helps vehicles win.
3. We voted vegan and we vented our words.
4. When vacating a water-closet, vent the water first.
5. A van will reverse every way it can.
6. Reverend White was very right.
7. I went away to Venice and was very wary.
8. What vows would you verse to wow a nurse?
9. When I went to vent I wound up inventing instead.
10. Be wary when various wares are everywhere.
Now Check Your Pronunciation
Practising these tongue twisters by yourself is great but…
How do you know if you are pronouncing them correctly?
Try a private English lesson and check how your pronunciation is doing to maximize your study time!