When learning the ‘R’ sound, it is common for some to accidentally make the ‘W’ sound instead. If you’re not careful then you can end up sounding like Elmer Fudd!
Before you start, here is a more in-depth guide for making the ‘R’ sound.
These r andw tongue twisters are designed to increase flexibility when going between the ‘R’ & ‘W’ sounds and help build the distinction between the two. Make sure when making the ‘R’ sound that you pull your tongue back otherwise it might sound like a ‘W’. Start slow and gradually speed up as you become more confident!
Tongue Twister List
1. We want to read walls of text.
2. Why run when we can ride bikes?
3. We retaliate when we really want to.
4. Winning reminds us to remember why we are running.
5. I was robbed for time when I ran into Wendy.
6. I really want to run when it’s raining.
7. When was I writing the right thing?
8. Red roses are wed to really white roses.
9. Water runs rapidly from the west lake.
10. When running the wrong way, reverse right back the way you came.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.