In section 2 of the IELTS speaking exam you are given a card with a topic on it that you will have to talk about. You will have 1 minute to prepare, you will then have to speak for 1 – 2 minutes. Finally the examiner will ask a few questions about the topic at the end. This section is often called the “long turn” and will last 3 – 4 minutes in total.
Here is a list of topics you can use to practise with:-
Describe your favourite song
- What is the style of music?
- Who wrote the song?
- When did you first hear it?
- Why do you like it?
Talk about a piece of technology that has changed your life
- How often do you use it?
- How has it changed your life?
- Are there any negatives to using it?
- What would you do if it didn’t exist?